APM 2.8 Multicopter Flight Controller is an upgraded version of 2.5, 2.6; with a Built-in Compass for FPV RC Drone. The sensors are exactly the same as the APM 2.6 flight controller; however, the module has the option to use the built-in compass an external compass via a jumper. This makes the APM 2.8 ideal for use with multi-copters and rovers.
The APM 2.8 Multicopter Flight Controller is a complete open source autopilot system. This is the best selling technology that won the prestigious Outback Challenge UAV competition. It allows the user to turn any fixed, rotary-wing. In addition, it turns multirotor vehicle (even cars and boats) into a fully autonomous vehicle. meanwhile, it is capable of performing programmed GPS missions with waypoints.
Powerful ground control software features:
The downloadable mission planner software is used to configure and control your Ardupilot board:
- Point-and-click waypoint entry, using Google Maps.
- Select mission commands from drop-down menus.
- Download mission logs files and analyzes them.
- Configure APM settings for your airframe.
- Interface with a PC flight simulator to create a full hardware-in-the-loop UAV simulator.
- See the output from APMs serial terminal.
- Straight Needle
- Arduino Compatible!
- Onboard 4 MegaByte Dataflash chip for automatic data logging.
- Optional off-board GPS, auBlox LEA-6H module with Compass.
- One of the first open-source autopilot systems to use Invensenses 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000.
- Barometric pressure sensor upgraded to MS5611-01BA03, from Measurement Specialties.
- Atmels ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 chips for processing and USB functions respectively.
Package Includes :
1 x APM 2.8 Multicopter Flight Controller.
2 x Connecting Wires.
|Port||MUX (UART0, UART2, mnnI2, and OSD are optional, OSD is the defaulted output).|
|Input Voltage (V)||12~16 VDC|
|Processor||ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2|
|Micro-SD Card Slot||No|
|Dimensions (mm) LxWxH||70 x 45 x 15|